About Prof. Dr. Ali Ahmed Shafik
Professor of Surgery Medical College of El-Kasr Elainy University.
M.B.B.ch.: December 1991, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, with honor.
M. Sc. of General Surgery: Nov. 1995, Cairo University
M. D. of General Surgery Nov. 1998, Cairo University.
- Internship: During the year 1992 / 1993, clinical rotations of two months each through the departments of the Cairo University Hospitals.
- Emergency and Orthopedics
- General Surgery Pediatrics General Medicine Gynecology and Obstetrics Surgical Oncology at National Cancer Institute
- Surgical Resident: 1993 to 1996 at the Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Hospital
- Senior Registrar: 1996-1997 at the General Surgery Departments at the Faculty of Medicine of the Cairo University Hospital and the National Cancer Institute.
- Assistant Lecturer: 1997-1999 at the General Surgery Department of the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Hospital.
- Lecturer: April 1999 - 2004 at General Surgery Dept., Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Hospital.
- Assistant Professor: May 2004-2009 at General Surgery Dept., Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Hospital.
- Teaching experience in General Surgery: at the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, from 1997 till present.
- Professor: April 2009 till now at General Surgery Dept., Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Hospital.
- Arabic: Native Language.
- English: Excellent & spoken and written.
- French: Moderate.
- European Institute of Telesurgery, March 2001, Strasbourg - France
- Microvascular workshop, June 2001, Zagzig University Zagzig, Egypt
- European Surgical institute, March 2007, Hamburg - Germany
- 18th Congress of International Society of University Colon and Rectum Surgeons, July 23-26, 2000, Sao Paulo-Brazil.
- 6th World Congress OESO, Sep 1-6, 2000, Paris-France.
- 3rd International Conference on Pelvic Floor Disorders, March 14-17, 2001, Cairo-Egypt.
- The Egyptian Group of Colon And Rectal Surgeons, April 25-28, 2001 Sharm el Sheikh-Egypt.
- 4th International Colorectal Symposium, June 20-22, 2001 Gdansk-Poland.
- 15th World Congress on Sexology Jun 24-28, 2001 Paris-France.
- 19th Congress of International Society of University Colon and Rectum Surgeons, Apr 14-19, 2002 Osaka-Japan.
- 1st Congress of Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders, Oct 24-26, 2002, Cairo-Egypt.
- Annual Meeting of Coloproctology, Mar 27-29,2003, Debrecen-Hungary
- ECCP 2003, European Council for Coloproctology May 31-Jun 04, 2003 Athens, Greece.
- 7th World Polydisciplinary Congress OESO, Aug 31–Sept 4, 2003, Paris, UNESCO, France.
- 2nd Biennial Congress MSPFD, Mar 25, 2004, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
- 8th Biennial Course International Meeting Coloproctology.(IMC), Mar 29–Apr 01, 2004, Saint-Vincent, Italy.
- 20th Biennial Congress of the International Society University Colon Rectum Surgeon (ISUCRS), Jun 06-10, 2004, Budapest, Hungary.
- 16th International congress of the Int. Fed. Ass. Anat. (IFAA), Aug 22, 2004, Kyoto, Japan.
- 4th The Annual Meeting of Mediterranean Society Pelvic Floor Disorder (MSPFD). April 06-08,2006 Sheraton Hotel, Cairo, Egypt
- 21st Congress of International Society of University Colon and Rectum Surgeons. June 25-28, 2006 Istanbul, Turkish
- 5th The Annual Meeting of Mediterranean Society Pelvic Floor Disorder (MSPFD), April 05- 07, 2007, El-Saraya Floating Boat, Cairo, Egypt.
- 3rd East-West Colorectal Days together with Italian Society of Coloproctology Mediterranean Society of Coloproctology, Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders. May 17-19, 2007, Hajduszoboszlo- Hungary
- 6th Biennial Meeting of the Mediterranean Society of Coloproctology (MSCP), February 01- 02, 2008, Movenpick Hotel, Rome, Italy.
- 6th The Annual Meeting of Mediterranean Society Pelvic Floor Disorder (MSPFD), April 03- 05, 2008, Le Meridien - Pyramids, Cairo, Egypt.
- 22st Congress of International Society of University Colon and Rectum Surgeons. September 13-19, 2008 Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, California, USA
- 7th Annual Meeting of the Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders and 3rd Joint Meeting of Mediterranean Society of Coloproctology, April 9 - 11, 2009, Cairo Conference Center (CCC), Fairmont Heliopolis Hotel, Cairo - Egypt.
- International Constipation Symposium HangZhou-China, 13-14 June 2009
- Member of Egyptian Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Member of American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Regional vice-president Membership of International Society of University Colon and Rectal Surgeons Since 2006 till now
- President of Mediterranean Society of Coloproctology 2008 - 2010
- Treasurer of Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders Since 2001 till now